Over the last couple of days we completed our Fort Jackson training which included a Land Navigation Exercise (did NOT get lost - yeah) and a Convoy Exercise (which also went well - OK. so more training on that in Kuwait).
In addition to wish you all a very Merry Christmas, I thought I would spend some time listing a few comments about the "constants" here at Fort Jackson. First off there are the drill sergeants who are a great bunch of trainers. They are experienced and eager to pass on all they know. They also are a little quirky (and this is all of the time). I thought I would let the video do most of that talking.
There have also been some great quotes by the group. My two favorite are:
" He gets around everywhere he goes." and
"We'll leave at 6:30 or 6:45, which ever come first."
On of the many things the Drill Sergeants urge us to do is drink all day long. While here in the United States it can be an issue, over in the desert it is definitely an issue. We all need to remain hydrated. But in typical Army fashion they have to break things do so that even the lowest private can understand. Thus in every bathroom you will see the following sign. It is very helpful for the visual learners. I know it is kind of goofy, but I couldn't just let it pass.
My next comment may have to wait two weeks depending on the kind of Internet connection I can get in Kuwait, should I miss it, I want to wish all of your a very Merry Christmas. May you see and know how much God has blessed you with and may we all sing his praises.
Peace,
Chris Culver