It is my hope here for Iraq. There are a number of great things happening in the country and we are a long distance way from the violence of two years ago. But war … actually more decades of dictatorship … have worked to make the current peace a fragile peace. My hope is that God will come to this land and convert the fragile peace into an enduring peace.
Because of my role, I am not able to talk about much about the specifics of the situation in Iraq. You could probably get a good idea from reading a well written article. Stay away from the one’s that are too sensational. Iraq is a young democracy (and a young country) and they are growing in their ability to work out the issues among themselves. It took the U.S. many years to get where we are today – and that is not to say that we have it right. They are a number of issues that we as a country ourselves have.
Many of us here talk about and pray for Haiti. I am at a loss of what to do and say about the situation. Keep them in your prayers and send what every help you can.
Peace,
Chris
I know all of you like pictures ... It is hard to come new puctures these since I am somewhat restricted in taking pictures at the Embassy.
This is the BAT CAVE. It was located near one of Sadams "places" to attract bats. Bats are good because the eat mosquitoes.
I thought this was an interersting to see in the middle of the palace complex - it is a Navy Gun! It is an automatic gun for shooting down rocket and other things that extremists try to lob onto Victory Base.