Friday, October 29, 2010

No more Mail - Thank You



For all of those who where ready to send me that last and final package .... too late! :-)

Yes, I am officially at the day when a package mailed from the states is no longer guaranteed to reach me before I leave Iraq. Thanks to all of you who sent packages (some multiples) and notes throughout the year. They all helped me deal with being gone and it was a great joy to connect back with home to the states each and every time.

My tentative schedule is as follows:

- Mid-Novemeber Leave Iraq
- Six Days in Kuwait for equipment turn in, briefs and a little down time after working everyday for a year.
- Two Days in Gulf Port, MS for final medical checks and to become a reservist again
- One Day in Washington DC (although this may change to Charolette, NC) to check-in with the Navy Reserve and re-gain my reserve billet

And then Most importantly ... Home!!!!!!!!

If all goes well I will be home the evening before Thanksgiving. If not, I will have to drive home for Thanksgiving (from DC or Gulf Port) and then back to finish the steps.

Peace and joy,

Chris