By and large the week itself was very unremarkable. But this Sunday was SuperBowl Sunday and that was an interesting expereince for this Navy guy out here in Iraq.
The story actually starts my first week here as it was during that week that there would be a "special beverage" allowed on Super Bowl Sunday. Heay! Not much was promlagated about the special day. Two days before the game I received an email that that I needed to send an additional email to sign-up to get my beer. If I failed to sign-up I would not get my beer. That was all for the official word. The unoffical word was that to drink my two beers I would have to go to the DFAC (dinning facility) between the hours of midnight and the end of the game and drink them there. I went over at midnight and enjoyed a few with friends for an hour and a half and then sleepiness started to take over. The selection was actually nice. and the cost was free.
The game started at 2:3o AM local Monday morning. Fortunately for us they delayed that start of the Monday's work day from the normal 8 AM to 10 AM.
Of course the only bad think about the whole deal was that the Colts Lost - bummer.
Peace,
Chris Culver