Friends,
Two months from today, I will be home with the family. I am scheduled to arrive home the day before Thanksgiving ... I am sure that I will much to be thankful for - Kelly, Ben, Sophia, Josh ..... and then there is ginnie, molly, oscar, goldy and perhaps a few other pests that may eventually make our home theirs. :-)
With two months to go I can only say that a year is a long time. It is hard on individuals, it is hard on families and it is hard on marriages. We are not yet close enough to feel the end of it all coming, but I do look forward to that time.
And on a completely different note, I found out today that I will be the Commanding Officer of a Naval Reserve unit in Charlette, NC. The unit, Navy Reserve Strike Group Operations, Detachment F (NR SGO DET F), it is a submarine support unit. So off to Charlette once a month fo the next two years. The unit coordinates submarine operations when they are operating with surface ships.
Pax et Bonum,
Chris Culver