It was cool this Palm Sunday. The palms we used came from right outside the door! I have never had that before. The palm trees are everywhere. Actually being our here not for three months I am quite amazed at how strong and sturdy the palm trees are. The weather here is not very conducive to life and the dust storms work to clog the air out of everything.
Early last week I was talked into running a 5 K. Completed the run in 22:30 which isn’t that good. I am hoping to cut that time down by the time I leave. They have 5 K’s every couple of weeks. The best part is a free t-shirt for every run. My roommate, Eric, also ran the run and his picture is below.
I pray you all had a happy Lent and a blessed Easter. We will be able to celebrate the Triduum here in Iraq, but I have to travel to one of the other bases to do so. After moving through checkpoints and everything it will necessitate a 1.5 hour rid on the bus to move both ways – well worth the joy of celebrating Easter. My wife sent me three Cadbury Eggs and I am definitely looking forward to eating them on Easter morning. Until then.
Peace,
Chris Culver
Chris Culver